My blog has received an award!
Which award you ask? Why, the mighty Liebster Award!
So thank you, A La Modern Mom, thank you for the recognition!
What is the Liebster Award? It is an award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers.
What does this award mean? Well, “Liebster” is of German origin and has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart … I’ll take them all, thank you very much!
This award is a way to show appreciation and love from the blogging community and it feels like a warm pat on the back. Perhaps even accompanied by a high five!
There are some “rules” that I must follow, so as much as I love the bend the rules, this time I shall obey. These are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves (I’m regretting posting this post where I shared most than 11 things just a few days ago)
2. Answer the questions that your nominator asked you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. Thank and link back the person’s page who nominated you
OH WHO AM I KIDDING?! I am going to bend the rules once again… I’m going to throw a twist into it! I ask that you (yes, you) answer each of the questions that I ask of the nominees in a comment below!
Easy enough, right? Okay, let’s get started!
11 Random Facts About Yours Truly
1. I am terrified of snakes
2. I have learnt that friendship is absolutely quality over quantity
3. I like sour cream a lot
4. I love weddings… not for the party part but for the love part
5. I struggled with math throughout school but my high school teacher told me that I’d be successful regardless because of my strong work ethic
6. I can and do eat entire watermelons to myself in one sitting
7. I have lady crushes on Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Emma Stone and Melissa McCarthy
8. As a kid and teen, I was always an avid Backstreet Boy fan but Justin Timberlake has won me over in my adult years
9. I love flowers and plants but have a hard time not killing my plants… my new friend is helping me with this
10. I love food and eat healthy about 80% of the time. Life is too short to avoid cupcakes, my friend.
11. Cuddling with John and Ernie makes me happiest.
And now answers to the burning questions A La Modern Mom asked…
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog as a way to share the journey of moving from Canada to the US with my husband and my puppy. I wanted to share our ups, our lows and everything in between. Turns out that I have more to say than just talk about our experience of moving!
2. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
This is a good one… I love quotes! I’m unsure if I can actually chose a favourite and my favourite often changes depending on what I am experiencing or feeling. That being said, here is one that I love:
“At the end of the day people won’t remember what you did or said, they will remember how you made them feel” Maya Angelou
3. What is your favorite post that you’ve written (provide a link!)?
My favourite post that I have ever written is probably “Why I Gave Up The 8:00 To 5:00 Corporate Career.” This is probably my favourite because when I wrote it, my biggest audience was my family and friends. I felt like this post was the best way for me to explain to them our situation, our circumstances and how some reactions made me feel.
4. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Winnie The Pooh. He is naive and slow witted, but also friendly, thoughtful and steadfast. He often comes up with clever ideas, driven by common sense. He has a kindhearted soul.
5. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
Honesty. Always have, always will. Be upfront and honest from the get go. Honesty also drives loyalty and genuineness.
6. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
Ooh, good question… There are many things. I would tell my 13 year old self to nourish friendships with those who you know deep down are your true friends. And that in the grand scheme of life, your teen years do not matter nearly as much as you think they do.
7. Where was your best vacation?
Dominican Republic with my Husband for our honeymoon. It was a relaxing 2 weeks in the dead of a Canadian winter on a beautiful beach with too much food and booze. Pure bliss.
8. What is your hidden talent?
I think that I make a mean banana muffin and banana bread… Thanks Mom!
9. What is your favorite meal?
A dinner with close friends and family with lots of laughter, love and happiness in the room.
10. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would love to fly!
11. What movie did you love to watch as a child?
Land Before Time… over and over and over again!
Pay It Forward
I would like to nominate the following to receive this award as I enjoy each and every one of you:
My Questions For The Nominees To Answer:
1. What are your favourite and least favourite blog posts to read?
2. If you could have any profession in the world, what would it be (without worrying about money, time, financial)?
3. What is your favourite physical feature of yourself?
4. Who do you need to say “I love you” to more?
5. Who do you need to say “I’m sorry” to?
6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?
7. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
8. If you could redo anything in your life differently, what would you redo?
9. What is the nicest thing that somebody has ever done for/to you?
10. What would an ideal day be for you?
11. What is your favourite post that I have ever written?
12. What is your favourite post that you have ever written?
Lovelies, don’t think that I forgot about you and the TWIST of this award… in the comment box below I encourage you to answer the above questions! There may even be a prize involved for those who actually participate… Oh, I am dead serious, Buster! I love learning about my lovelies 🙂
Enjoy Life, Lovelies!